25 Washington State Patrol (WSP) employees raced through Olympia on Friday afternoon, as they attempted to tackle the agency’s version of TV’s…you guessed it…“Amazing Race.”
Members from the WSP Human Resources Division (HRD) spent the day competing in eight challenges:
- Tour of the Olympia Union Gospel Mission to sort out fruit and veggies for their VegOut program that provides food for kids throughout Thurston County.
- Tour of Criminal Records Division to include fingerprinting demo.
- Tour of Property Management Division.
- Tour of the Aviation Division – which included a ride in the flight simulator.
- Visit the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office to make a get well card for Sheriff Snaza.
- Tour the Executive Services Section to learn about Capitol Campus security.
- Visit Skit at Tumwater Falls Park to work on WSP recruiting messages.
- Fill backpacks with food for homeless kids in Grays Harbor County.
The event was coordinated by HRD employees Darlonna Vaughn and Whittney Cowin. HRD Captain Travis Matheson says he was “honestly in awe of it all.” He adds that not only did his employees learn about other divisions of the WSP, but had the opportunity to donate their time and resources to helping our community. “There were so many laughs, cheers, and positive vibes,” says Matheson.
This is just another example of the great work and service WSP employees provide on a daily basis.